Bifocal and Multifocal Contact Lenses
If your work or lifestyle prevents you from comfortably wearing bifocals or multifocal eyeglasses, or if you are tired of constantly putting on and taking off your reading glasses, our doctors can evaluate to see if bifocal or multifocal contact lenses are for you.
Our meticulous bifocal and multifocal contact lens evaluation will allow us to tailor the design, material and brand of contact lens to your unique eye characteristics to attain the perfect fit: the lens that provides the best combination of all day comfort, long term eye health and crisp clear vision at all distances.
Soft and Gas Permeable Multifocal and Bifocal Designs
The following is a partial list of designs. We do not endorse a certain design because one design may work fine for you but the same design may do very little for others. Only a comprehensive contact lens evaluation can determine which design is best suited for your particular eye characteristics.
- Omni lenses – modified version of monovisionTranslating – alternates between near and distance
- Omni SynergEyes – hybrid of soft and gas permeable
- Monovision lenses – single vision- multifocal right near left nearAspheric lenses – back front multi- near center- distance centerProgressive design
- Concentric center design – near center- distance center-alternating
- Crescent designAstigmatic multifocal bifocal designs – with any above combinations
Soft and Gas Permeable Multifocal and Bifocal Brands
The following is a partial list of the leading brands. We do not endorse any one certain brand because one brand may work fine for you but the same contact lens may do very little for others. Only a comprehensive contact lens evaluation can determine which brand is best suited for your particular eye characteristics.
- Accuve bifocal
- Air optix multifocal
- Purevision multi-focal
- Proclear multifocal
- Proclear multifocal toric
- Cibasoft progressive toric
- C-vue toric multifocalC-vue multifocalHorizon bicon toric
- Metrofocal toric
- PolyvueHorizon progressive
- Flexlens multifocalSoflens multifocal
- UnilensUCL multifocal
- Proclear ep
- Synergy waveHD2
- HDX2CV ASPHERIC
- Focus progressives
- Frequency 55 multifocal
GAS PERMEABLE BRANDS – custom design
Soft and Gas Permeable Multifocal and Bifocal Materials
Below is a partial list of materials. We do not endorse any one particular material because one material may work fine for you but the same material may do very little for others. The main factor that determines material compatibility with your eye is your tear structure. Only a comprehensive tear analysis and lid evaluation can determine which material is best suited for your eyes . The wrong material can lead to discomfort and an unhealthy eye condition.
SOFT MATERIALS silicone hydrogel and many hybridshema many hybrids
GAS PERMEABLE MATERIALS FLUROSILICONE ACRYLATESILICONE ACRYLATEFLUORO-SILICATE ACRYLICSTRYLSILONEFLURO-SILOXANYL STYRENE